Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My First Mother's Day Weekend

What a fabulous first Mother's Day Weekend!! Everyone was able to be together to celebrate the wonderful mama's in our family. The weekend began with Nolan's 10 month birthday on Friday. Bill and I went to lunch with him to our favorite local Chinese restaurant to celebrate his special day. Nana and Papa were able to come in town Friday evening to see him just in time before his bath and bed time. Then on Saturday we took a family trek to one of our favorite places to play, Jetton Park. Nolan was surrounded by those who love him the most, mommy, daddy, Nana, Papa, Grandma, and Grandpa. After the park we HAD to go eat the yummiest pizza in the whole wide world at Brooklyn South Pizza. Nolan loves to eat the pizza crust and he absolutely screams (no exaggeration) if you take the crust away from him. Fortunately we had an endless supply of pizza crust so no major screaming outbursts. Nana and Papa happily agreed to babysit Nolan so that Bill and I could go and have a date night. Before we left for dinner, Bill surprised me with my Mother's Day gift, a beautiful eternity necklace. I was completely shocked and I think he got the reaction he was going for!! We had a fabulous dinner at one of our favorite celebration places, Mickey and Mooch. We had a fantastic time getting to relax and enjoy each other's company over a romantic dinner. Finally on Sunday after church we went home to try out the timer on our new camera and then we all went over to Nana and Papa's North Carolina house to have a yummy lunch (we really enjoy eating in this family if you can't tell) and spend some time together celebrating Mother's Day.
What a wonderful weekend!

Each and every day I feel so blessed to be Nolan's mommy and nothing is better than a big sugar from my "Roo". So, I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!!











2 comments:

Anna said...

You must give that boy a big smooch from his Aunt Anna. He is so gorgeous! BTW-What are you doing asking about baby # two?! You must of had crazy flakes for breakfast. JK-

Laura said...

Baby kisses are the BEST! We are blowing kisses your way from AZ. I love all the pictures and it sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day. BTW- I'm with Anna, keep the crazy flakes in the pantry, I hear they have a long shelf life.