Thursday, May 1, 2008

First 9 Month Life Lessons

Inspired by one of Anna's previous lists, I decided to share my mommy insight from the first 9 months of Nolan's sweet life. So here it goes, my 21 items of "wisdom" (I use this term very loosely):
  1. Every child is truly a blessing from God.
  2. I feel complete now that Nolan is a part of the family.
  3. These 9 months went by much faster than the 9 months of pregnancy (but it was all worth it).
  4. I would do the whole pregnancy and delivery over in a heartbeat!!
  5. I don't require as much sleep as I previously thought.
  6. No matter how much literature you read, every baby is different and you have to do what works for your baby and your family.
  7. Lots of mommies have concerns after bringing home their little ones, but you are definitely not alone. Most likely everyone else has had the same questions, problems, and/or concerns (i.e., mine was nursing!!).
  8. Shout Advance gel gets out every laundry stain to date!
  9. Don't try to do everything yourself (us type A personalities like to do this and we just have to let go of the control sometimes) :)
  10. My way isn't always the right way or the best way to do something.
  11. It's harder than you think to get a baby to look at the camera and smile.
  12. There is nothing better than a belly laugh and a smile.
  13. Teething is a long and difficult process.
  14. No matter how many toys a child has they will always want to play with things that they shouldn't.
  15. You know you will love your baby, but you just don't know how much until he/she arrives and you hold them in your arms.
  16. It is absolute music to my ears to hear Nolan's little voice say "mama" and "dada" (even though as a speech therapist I know these aren't his first true words, I still smile every time I hear them).
  17. I have never appreciated my mom more than I do now.
  18. I fall in love with my hubby again every time I see him playing/snuggling with Nolan.
  19. Just when I think I have discovered my favorite stage with Nolan, I love the next stage just as much. That being said the itty bitty stage could last a little longer~ babies just grow and change much too quickly.
  20. Parenting is all about trial and error~ as soon as you think you have things under control everything changes.
  21. There is absolutely NOTHING better than being a mommy!!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Amen! Great list and some of my favorites are 1, 4, 5, 12, 14, 17, 20 & 21. BTW-Love the picture! Give Nolan a big squeeze and Riley a scratch from Auntie Anna.