Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Weekend Madness

So even though I have the best of intentions of posting a message everyday, somehow life justs gets in the way and there just aren't enough hours in the day :) We have had wonderful, but very busy weekends lately. Two weeks ago my dear friend Maureen (aka "Aunt MoMo") came for a visit to the "country" (remember we live in a burb of Charlotte) to see us. My parents also came in to see little "Roo". They were great babysitters and excellent chefs!! It was so great to see Maureen and have girl time (even though Nolan didn't seem to care that mommy stayed up way past her normal bedtime because he was up bright and early at 6 am). I haven't seen Maureen since her beautiful wedding in VA when Nolan was just 6 weeks old. FYI: very interesting to travel to the DC area (7 hours away) when you have a 6 week old baby. Anyway, Bill and I had to take Nolan to his future residence (i.e., the White House). Bill was so excited~ totally checks out doesn't it??

This past weekend we made the journey over the mountain into TN (we have been slackers about visiting mom and dad because they usually come to see us and stay in their NC house). Anyway, I think Nolan has trouble with the pressure in his ears going over the mountains because he always screams (and I do mean screams) from Asheville to Elizabethton. However, after our arrival all was well. Nolan loves his Nana and Papa and we all had a great time in TN. He even slept through the night and took really good naps despite being in a different environment and sleeping in his pack and play. We also helped my efforts to become more technologically savvy and we finally bought a new laptop and camera (So, I promise I will post some pics of little man very soon!!) All in all we have had fabulous weekends lately and are always excited about our weekend madness!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like you've had fun! I'm afraid traveling will never be easy again!

Anna said...

I keep picturing you guys at the White House with Bill whispering words of wisdom into Nolan's ear about squashing liberals and cutting taxes.