Tuesday, June 17, 2008

First Steps, well first step that is!!

What an exciting day!! After a very busy day of socializing, i.e. flirting with my former co-workers :) Nolan decided to take his first step!!! He let go of the coffee table and took his first independent step towards mommy and a favorite toy before taking a forward lunge toward me. The way I clapped and cheered (and cried) you would have thought that he just ran across the entire room. He has been teetering with walking for the past couple of weeks and I am so excited, but nervous at the same time. He absolutely loves his push toys (this new found love happened at the beach) and practically runs through the house with them. He is also quite the cruiser around all the furniture and has been standing on his own briefly, so I knew the first step was inevitable.


This exciting new adventure presents mommy with several stressful thoughts: 1. Nolan is already very active and his impending walking will keep me even busier; 2. SO many more dangerous hazards for me to stress about; 3. This is a whole new stage for my sweet baby boy who is obviously heading toward toddlerhood at rapid warp speed; and 4. Can it possibly be time for my little Roo to be walking????

2 comments:

Laura said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!! How impressive! It's hard to believe that our little babies are actually becoming toddlers. BTW- we have the same push toy and Emory LOVES it.

Courtney said...

Nolan & Everett are KILLING me w/ those curls!! And I love that you call him Roo-it fits you Tasha :)